Andrea Lawlor teaches writing, edits fiction for Fence, and has been awarded fellowships by Lambda Literary and Radar Labs. Their writing has appeared in various literary journals including Ploughshares, Mutha, the Millions, jubilat, the Brooklyn Rail, Faggot Dinosaur, and Encyclopedia, Vol. II. Their publications include a chapbook, Position Papers (Factory Hollow Press, 2016), and a novel, Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl (Rescue Press, 2017), a 2018 finalist for the Lambda Literary and CLMP Firecracker Awards.
- a conversation with Jordy Rosenberg at the Millions
- a conversation with Hilary Plum at the LA Review of Books
- book recommendations at Shelf Awareness
- a conversation with Monica Carter at Foreword
- on being a writer at Lambda Literary
- on becoming a parent at Mutha
- on adopting my kid also at Mutha
Author photo by Steve Dillon.